Antarctic Krill Oil
Krill are small shrimp or prawn-like creatures that feed the great whales. Toothless great whales consume huge quantities
of krill to provide the energy they need to fuel their massive bulk. A blue whale can eat up to 8,000 pounds of krill each day
during feeding season. Seals, penguins, sea birds, squid and fish also feed on Krill.
Plankton and krill make up the largest biomass on earth. They are one of the most easily renewable food resources available,
and an excellent nutritional source. Krill are not a new source of nutrition. They’ve been harvested as a food source for both
humans and domesticated animals since the 1800s.
The krill that are used for Antarctic Krill Oil are harvested from pristine deep-water seas far from industrial areas in the Antarctic waters. Krill Oil is unique because it contains a
combination of the essential omega 3 fats and antioxidants. These are both very crucial to having excellent health and a strong
Krill Oil vs Fish Oil
Fish oil :
- Contamination - Fish Oil exposes you to a high degree of contamination with industrial pollutants and toxins like mercury, PCBs,
heavy metals and radioactive poisons
- Weak in antioxidants - As you increase your intake of omega-3 essential fatty acids by consuming fish oil, you
increase your need for even more antioxidant protection.
- Very perishable - Antioxidants are necessary to ensure that the fish oil doesn't oxidize and become rancid inside your
body. Fish Oil does not contain these antioxidants.
- Lack the phospholipid complex - Instead they contain omega-3 fatty acids in the less-beneficial form of free triglycerides.
Antarctic Krill Oil :
- Same & More - You get all the same health benefits of omega-3-rich fish oil and also a variety of others as well.
- Antioxidant Protection - packed with antioxidant power, including the antioxidant vitamins A and E, plus astaxanthin and
- Bio–available - Carries omega-3s in the form of phospholipids which deliver the fatty acids directly to your body's
cells. You can take 1/5 the dose – two small capsules rather than 10 large ones.
- Brain and Memory - The most predominant phospholipid in pure Neptune krill oil is phosphatidyl choline, which is partially
composed of choline. Choline is important in brain development, learning and memory.
- Pollution-Free - Krill are at the bottom of the food chain and collected far from pollution in the pristine seas surrounding
Antarctica. You don't have to worry about unsafe accumulations of mercury, PCBs, heavy metals or other toxins.
- Ongoing Supply - Krill are a highly renewable source. They are the largest biomass in the ocean and there is no risk of
causing them to perish from over-harvesting.
- Safe Processing Method - The cold organic solvent extraction method is free of harmful additives or preservatives.
- Stability - more stable and more resistant to rancidity than conventional fish oils. This means it will last longer and won't oxidize in your body due to rancidity. It will last for TWO years at room temperature. (Please do not refrigerate.)
- No Fishy Aftertaste - fish oil consumption commonly leads to side effects of fishy aftertaste, reflux or belching of fish flavors, this has not occurred with Antarctic Pure Krill.
Benefits Of Antarctic Krill Oil
Pure Krill Oil can provide:
- Healthy heart support
- Support for concentration, memory & learning
- Blood sugar health
- Healthy joints, with an increase in joint comfort
- Reduces signs of aging
- Healthy brain and nervous system function and development
- Protection for cell membranes
- Cholesterol and other blood lipid health support
- Healthy liver support
- Relief of normal PMS symptoms
- Immune system support
- Optimal skin health
- Improved quality of life when compared with fish oil
Antarctic Krill Oil is contained in 2-piece hard shell capsules, sealed with a band, called Capliques. These are the