How To Use Stevia:
Oatmeal Ginger Applesauce Cookies
- ½ cup of light olive oil, you can use butter instead
- ¼ cup OmniBalance with Stevia sweetener by Omnivite Nutrition(natural herb sweetener, no calories, no impact on blood sugar, not a chemical) can use 1 cup Sugar instead
- 1 egg
- 1 ¾ cup whole wheat pastry flour
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp ground cloves
- ½ tsp ground nutmeg
- ½ tsp ground ginger
- ½ cup raisin
- ½ cup chopped candied ginger
- 1 cup quick cooking or old fashioned rolled oats
- 1 ¼ cup applesauce
1. In a large mixing bowl with an electric mixer, beat stevia and smart balance until creamy.
2. Stir in egg.
3. Sift flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt , cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg, ground ginger and nutmeg into a separate bowl.
4. Stir in oats, raisins, and candied ginger.
5. Add flour mix to stevia and smart balance mix in parts alternating with applesauce. Beat the mix by hand until well blended.
6. Drop dough by tablespoonful onto greased baking sheet. Bake in preheated 375 degree oven for 13 minutes or until done.
7. Let cool on baking sheet a few minutes before transfering to wire rack to cool completely.
8. Eat up because they don't last long!
- 1/4 cup of frozen orange juice concentrate
- One bannana
- A handful of frozen strawberries
- 4-5 ice cubs
- 1/4 cup of plain yogurt (optional)
- 1/4 - 1/2 teaspoon of stevia (OmniBalance with Stevia).
- Hot drinks
- Cream of Wheat
- Bowl of fruit
- Toast with Cinnamon and Stevia
- Whipped cream and fruit
- 1 Tbsp. chia seeds, ground (use a coffee or spice grinder)
- 1 cup whole wheat or whole grain flour
- 1/2 cup white unbleached flour
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. nutmeg
- 2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 16 oz. can organic pumpkin (make sure there is only pumpkin listed on the ingredient list)
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup high-quality extra virgin olive oil
- 3/4 cup of Raw Honey (or 1/3 cup of Raw Honey & 1 tablespoon of Omnibalance with Stevia)
- 1 Tbsp. vanilla
- 1/2 cup of chopped walnuts or pecans, optional
- Salt to taste
Pre-heat oven to 350°.
Mix dry ingredients together in a bowl. In a separate bowl, mix all wet ingredients.
Fold the wet ingredients (fold in nuts now if you are using them) into the dry ingredients and spoon into paper-lined muffin or greased muffin tins. Bake for 25–30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the middle of a muffin comes out clean. Store completely cooled muffins in sealable plastic bags in the freezer.
Back to top